Regular Muni and Coker Muni rides!
There will be options for both!
Corbin at West Cliff in Santa Cruz
FRIDAY OCT 12:
Morning: Races at De Laveaga (Muni and Coker), pizza lunch
Afternoon MUni: Wilder Ranch, Old Cabin Trail + lower Mailboxes
Afternoon Coker: Rob’s Ride (normal route)
SATURDAY OCT 13:
Morning MUni: Soquel Demo Forest: Braille trail
Morning Coker: Nisene Marks to Sand Point
Afternoon: Corbin/Louise’s house: Street Comp
Dinner: Awards Banquet at Corbin's house
SUNDAY OCT 14:
Morning MUni: U-CON Trail to UCSC
Morning Coker: Rob’s Ride Plus (Moore Ranch Rd. option)
Afternoon: Trials at Santa Cruz Jetty (as seen in Defect, etc.)
Dinner: Dinner at Seabright Brewery
You can fill out the form onscreen, then print it, and mail it to the address shown with your check.
Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park
We will NOT reserve any campsites, and they will go fast! Please reserve a site early.
Scott’s Valley Hilton. 10 double rooms reserved at $119. Say you are with the "mountain unicycle group" to get the discounted rate.
Continental Inn - Santa Cruz. Note: rate update! Somewhat economical and close to town, but on a busier street (Ocean St). 2 Nights @ $95.00 per room, per night, one queen bed. Non smoking.
Santa Cruz can be cool and foggy in the mornings, but it quickly warms up.
ALL RIDERS MUST BRING:
Useful items that you should bring:
- Helmet. They will be required if
you want to participate in any competition event(s), along with knee
protection and gloves or wristguards. For the rides, this gear, at
a minimum, is highly recommended.
- Water/sports drink. For the Friday and Sunday rides I recommend a hydration pack with water, plus a bottle of sports drink. All of our 2007 trails are very remote, so you've got to bring everything you need.
- Food. Your body will need lots of calories for all the rides. On Saturday, there will not be any stores for a lunch stop, so be sure to pack a good lunch with you!
- Money. The only meals included in the registration cost are Friday's pizza lunch, and Saturday's dinner. On Saturday night beer/alcohol must be purchased separately. You are responsible for all other meals.
- Warm clothes/layers. It can sometimes get cool in Santa Cruz.
- If you are under 18, you MUST have a parent or guardian present for the competition!
- Unicycle(s). A good 24" muni will be great for most trails, although many people can keep up with a 20" trials uni. Bring your Coker or 36"er to go on the optional coker muni rides.
- Tools, a patch kit or spare tube,
and a small pump if you have them.
- Cell phone (optional). In addition, add in Corbin's phone number in case you have a question or are lost: 831-359-6178.
- Fun stuff! Bring anything cool that you want to share with people.
What to Wear:
It can get cool in the evenings, but the temperature in Santa Cruz is generally moderate.
Just use Google Maps to find Santa Cruz. The individual rides will have directions for each of them.